Sunday, February 24, 2013

"The Chapel Doors Seem to Say to Me..."

Lamoille Valley, northern Vermont

South Royalton, Vermont
We enter innummerable chapels.  We think of the children's song invites us to reverently feel the love of the Savior therein. In district meetings recently, the emphasis has been on the privilege to partake of the sacrament in remembrance of the  atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ, His infinite and intimate love.

In the transfer meeting, each missionary returning home shares his "Golden Truth" that will changes her/his life forever. Few experiences fill us with more joy than to hear and to know that these missionaries have become changed through the Atonement of Christ.  Here are some of the truths shared Tuesday, February 19, 2013

1.We have a loving Heavenly Father and a merciful Savior who want only want what is best for us. I have come to know that love intimately that changes hearts. The Savior has atoned for every sin or sadness or Injustice.
2. There will come a day when leaving the mission will be harder than leaving home. Now I know that truth. I know this gospel is real. God is real. Jesus Christ is real. The Book of Mormon is real. Now I know what it is to be REAL.  Now I want to continue to be real.
4.  God will more of us than we can make of ourselves. The Book of Mormon will transform our lives if we allow it to do so.
5.  I believe in a God of miracles. I stand all amazed.
6. Matt 16:25 He who willlose his life, shall save it. I knelt and really offered me. All frustration and fatigue have been swallowed up in the will of God.
7.  I have learned to pray!! Prayer is real!  Now I have a relationship with my Heavenly Father. Now I love the scriptures.
8. My mission has just begun. I will always be a missionary.

No comments: