Sunday, February 3, 2013

Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening

Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening

This is Robert Frost country! As we have walked the woods on snowy late afternoons and evenings, we have felt his words in the woods.

Whose woods these are I think I know.
His house is in the village though;
He will not see me stopping here
To watch his woods fill up with snow.


My little horse must think it queer
To stop without a farmhouse near
Between the woods and frozen lake
The darkest evening of the year.....

The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.
                  --Robert Frost New Hampshire 1923

 
Looking beyond winter!
These are months that test many missionaries:
weeks of short days and long darkness,
cold (sub zero in the north) and heavy snow.



 
        

Making the most of winter
and fall bails of hay
Foot Prints in the Snow.
Reminds us of a wonderful story
 told by President's sister Michelle. 
She recalled as a little girl walking through the snow
following in our beloved Mom MorRae's footsteps .


No comments: