Sunday, June 2, 2013

This We Know

We know that God, our loving Heavenly Father, has planned for us to return to His presence.
Elder Preslar bears testimony to President Wilkey

We know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is central to the plan. We know that we can "dwell in his presence of God, ... through the merits and mercy and grace of the Holy Messiah," (2 Nephi 2:8)
as does Elder Dickinson
We know that Joseph Smith, as a young boy, desired to know truth for himself.  Having read in the epistle of James, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that fiveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him", he sought answers to his yearnings through prayer.  In his own words, "I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me.
"...When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me, calling me my name and said, pointing to the other--'This is My Beloved Son.  Hear Him!'"


Elder and Sister Poll have strengthened, loved and served many in their area.
For instance their teaching in the Addiction Recovery program has changed lives.
How can we say it more, "Senior missionaries make an incredible difference!! We need more."

 
We know that we "can do all things through Christ which strentheneth me."  Philippians 4:13





1 comment:

Holly said...

Thanks for posting such great updates! Elder Preslar is my brother and he always speaks highly of the two of you. You will be missed!