Wednesday, January 4, 2012

December 27 and 28


Transfers and God speed to seven elders and one sister leaving a legacy of faith and committed service. In transfer meeting, they shared a “golden truth” that will affect my life forever some of which capture their growth and love for the privilege of a mission: “I know Heavenly Father loves me. I have felt His love for others.” “Jesus is the Christ. It is a joy to bear His name.” “Life on a mission is what you make it.” “I need to continue to plan effectively and as guided by the Spirit. I made a post mission planner.”
As missionaries are assigned to an new area--our mission is 11 1/2 hours across--they take lunch for the road. Transfers are times full of apprehension, full of anticipation.
At the airport, farewells tear are hearts; we love the missionaries we have known and have served with for many, many months. We are excited for their upcoming joys of a valiant return.

No comments: